Urgent infrastructure delivered to education
After their current provider went into administration, The Burton Academy was faced with a time-critical situation to complete their infrastructure with minimal disruption to education.
When specialist education provider, The Burton Academy, suddenly lost its IT provider at the height of the pandemic and in the middle of an important project, Nexus Open Systems stepped in quickly to help.
Based in the Torquay area, The Burton Academy is part of the Catch 22 Academies Trust, which provides an alternative education system for 11-16-year-olds exhibiting social, emotional and behavioural concerns, whose needs cannot be met in the mainstream education system.
Dominic Jennings, the Academy’s Premises Manager, says: “We had an incumbent provider who went into administration during a critical project roll-out which resulted in an immediate halt of services. This left The Burton Academy with an incomplete, unfit infrastructure, with no project handover documentation, credentials or support to ensure the project could be completed.”
Nexus Open Systems initially provided consultancy to determine what elements of the project were outstanding before carrying out infrastructure work to ensure the academy was able to continue providing the high standards of teaching that both their learners and faculty have come to expect.
Client Account Manager, Alex Jukes, says: “As part of the initial review, Nexus provided a comprehensive report which highlighted areas of risk they needed to be aware of, ultimately helping to form a long-term strategic IT roadmap to ensure futureproofed, reliable IT.”
Working collaboratively with Nexus, The Burton Academy were able to complete the infrastructure project as initially planned and more importantly, ensure teaching was not impacted. The Burton Academy & Nexus continue their close relationship, where Nexus manage the academy’s infrastructure and provide cloud-based data back-up services, ongoing consultancy, and advice.
- Managed IT Services – complement the in-house expertise with proactive IT monitoring and a service desk for users
- Projects – our professional services offering to assess and address specific IT requirements, in this case including replacement Wi-Fi
- Retainer – our pre-paid method for retaining our IT engineering resources for ad-hoc use
- Nexus Cloud Connect – our cloud-based backup solution to guard against IT failure and human error
- Procurement – we have relationships and accreditations with the go-to industry vendors and distributors