£18,000 - £22,000 per annum DOE
Do you have all round great customer service with an understanding of desktop operating systems? We’re looking for a technically gifted individual who’s friendly, has a good telephone manner and the capability to provide our clients with expert support to quickly resolve incidents and problems.
We want you to be part of a close-knit team responsible for the first point of contact when our customers require assistance. This could be by telephone, email, Instant Messaging or any other channels that we utilise for our wide and varied customer portfolio. You will also be pro-active in ensuring reported issues aren’t affecting any other users and try to resolve the issue before they notice, utilising our automated monitoring and alerting system and ensuring you’re aware of new updates and versions of the business systems we support.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
We’re Nexus Open Systems, one of the South West's leading IT solutions & managed services companies. We operate throughout the UK, providing industry-leading services and solutions to over 1,600 customers spanning multiple sectors including education, enterprise, SMEs and local and central government.
IT is an ever-changing, fast-moving industry. Here at Nexus, we’re at the forefront as a Microsoft Gold Partner, in the top 1% of Microsoft partners worldwide. We have some of the most experienced engineers in the South West and choose to work with industry-leading technology & best-in-class partners.
WHAT WILL I BE LEARNING?
As a Service Delivery Analyst you will be part of a team providing triage functions and first line support to customers either remotely or at customer sites.
You will learn to:
- Be the first point of contact for clients contacting the Service Desk.
- Take ownership of the incidents and exceed client expectations.
- Understand desktop operating systems and deal with a range of client incidents.
- Support our clients on site and remotely using a variety of remote management tools.
WHAT DO I NEED?
The technology is the easy part. It’s also about your personality, resilience, motivation, professionalism, and reliability. If you can do the technical bit as well then that’s great. We’ve got a list of things we’d like you to have:
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service, being friendly, personable and approachable.
- Excellent communication skills – are you able to explain complex instructions to others.
- An understanding of computers and networks.
- The ability to take part in team conversations.
- Understand that our clients’ priorities are sometimes different to what we might assume and adapt accordingly.
Our biggest need is that you have an enthusiasm to learn and create a career in IT. We can teach you the rest!
We’re not expecting you to have qualifications from day 1, however it would be ideal if you already hold an IT certification or are due to complete an apprenticeship, A level, equivalent or higher.
You will gain Microsoft and other industry certifications as part of your training and development plan with us.
WHAT DOES WORKING AT NEXUS MEAN?
We support our clients when they need it, so we ensure we are available from 8am to 6pm during the working week (Mon-Fri). We work a rota to ensure there’s sufficient people to cover this but try to be as flexible as possible.
Working hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours per week.
Location: We are currently working from home; however, this role is likely to be office based as we think it’s important to have support, guidance and mentoring at all times.
Other companies may call this role Technical Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, IT Helpdesk Engineer, 1st Line IT support, IT Technician
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
On top of standard company benefits, we offer these extras:
- Personalised Learning and Development schemes
- 31 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Holiday on your birthday.
- Instant reward and recognition scheme
- Regular social and fundraising events
- Free Office 365 subscription and domain name
- The latest tech for work
- Cycle-to-work scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming, dynamic company offering a great culture.
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com