There are some immediate priorities that need addressing urgently.
- What data has been compromised? Where has it gone? (Confidentiality impact.)
- What things are no longer available. (Business impact.)
- What needs urgent patching-up to stop further data loss?
- What do we need to start working on straight away to restore essential operations as soon as possible?
Depending upon the needs of your business, we can set up you up with forensic IT investigators.
You may also wish to engage your legal, PR, HR and insurance people.
After the initial rush, there’s usually another phase where less urgent issues are sorted out:
- Restoring or rebuilding less critical servers and systems
- Permanent replacements for temporary stop-gaps
As well as reporting on what happened and why, we’ll work with you to stop it happening again. This may include:
1) Staff Education
2) Reconfiguring perimeter security such as firewalls
3) Examining remote-working practices
4) Reviewing the security and breach-detection in your Microsoft 365 set-up
5) Recommending and implement a suitable data back-up solution
6) Developing and implementing a business continuity and disaster recovery strategy
7) Arranging independent penetration testing