The CompTIA A+ Core 1 Exam 220-1001 course covers primarily the hardware components of the A+ Certification, the course itself is geared towards preparing the delegates to take and hopefully pass the associated exam.
The course is designed for delegates who have basic computer skills and who are interested in starting an IT career. The course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Implement client virtualisation and cloud computing.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Topic A - Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B - PC Components
- Topic C - Common Connection Interfaces
- Topic D - Install Peripheral Devices
- Topic E - Troubleshooting Methodology
- Topic A - Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic B - Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
- Topic A - Install System Memory
- Topic B - Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Topic D - Configure RAID
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Storage Devices
- Topic A - Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Topic B - Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Topic C - Install a PSU
- Topic D - Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Topic E - Configure a Custom PC
- Topic A - Wired Networks
- Topic B - Network Hardware Devices
- Topic C - Wireless Networks
- Topic D - Internet Connection Types
- Topic E - Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic F - Network Services
- Topic A - Configure Network Connection Settings
- Topic B - Install and configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C - Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D - Configure Remote Access
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Topic F - Install and Configure IoT Devices
- Topic A - Configure Client-Side Virtualisation
- Topic B - Cloud Computing Concepts
- Topic A - Use Laptop Features
- Topic B - Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic C - Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
- Topic A - Mobile Device Types
- Topic B - Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Topic C - Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Topic D - Support Mobile Apps
- Topic A - Maintain Laser Printers
- Topic B - Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Topic C - Maintain Impact, Thermal and 3D Printers
- Topic D - Install and Configure Printers
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Topic F - Install and Configure Imaging Devices
In order to sit this course, delegates should have a basic understanding of computers and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Client Desktop Operating Systems.
Delegates without this experience should consider CompTIA IT Fundamentals, instead.