This four day course covers advanced topics in configuration, troubleshooting and administration of AudioCodes devices configured as an SBC.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the operation of AudioCodes Session Border Controllers (SBC) for needs such as transcoding, media handling, survivability, SBC enhanced capabilities and advanced header manipulations.
The lab environment includes IP-PBX and ITSP emulations for the SBC Configuration workshops in various scenarios.
Students are expected to be active participants in the learning process. Emphasis is placed on diagnostic tools and troubleshooting strategies to help students become self-sufficient in their use and support of AudioCodes SBCs.
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the AudioCodes products that support the Session Border Controller (SBC) features.
- Understand the functions of the SBC.
- Deeply understand AudioCodes' SBC application for SIP normalization, media handling, message manipulation and survivability.
- Configure AudioCodes SBC for SIP Trunks.
Understand the SBC security risks and know how to prevent them.
- Understand AudioCodes SBC devices' capability and how to deploy them in the VoIP network.
AudioCodes SBC Application Description:
- Multi-tenancy Concept
- Multi-tenancy Architecture
- Signaling Routing Domain (SRD)
- SIP Interface
- Media Realm
- IP dialog initiation process description
- IP Group
- IP Profile
- Proxy Sets
- IP-to-IP routing
- SIP message manipulations
- SBC media handling
- Far End Users handling
- Survivability Concepts
- High Availability Concepts
- Configuration parameters for SIP Trunking
Advanced SBC Terminations:
- SBC termination rules
- IP Profile
- Handling of SIP session, Early Media, REFER, 3xx and other messages
- Example of terminations for IP-PBX integration
Advanced SBC Media Handling:
- SBC media handling concept
- Media handling security features
- Advanced transcoding
- Bandwidth and QoE Profiles
- Remote Media Subnets
- Media Enhancement Profiles
- Extension and Allowed Coders
- Media Handling Examples
Advanced SBC Message Manipulation:
- Number Manipulations
- Reasons for message manipulation
- Message manipulation operation
- Message normalization
- Regular Expressions (regex) based message manipulation
Advanced SBC Security:
- Enterprise security threats
- AudioCodes SBC security capabilities:
- Topology Hiding
- Secured SIP Using TLS
- TLS Contexts and Certificates
- Classification table
- Call Admission Control
- Message Policies
- SBC Access
- Events Logging
- SBC Interworking
- SBC configuration with termination capabilities and transcoding
- Bandwidth profiles
- Message Manipulation based on Regex and regular rules
- SBC Security
Students are expected to have successfully completed the AudioCodes SBC - Essentials & Configuration course.