The Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional in a Security Operations position tasked with planning and implementing a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment. This course covers how to architect and size a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment, install or upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager SEPM, benefit from a SEPM disaster recovery plan, and manage replication and failover. The class also covers how to deploy new endpoints and upgrade existing Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints.
Who Should Attend
This course is for IT and system administration professionals who are charged with planning, installing, and upgrading a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises and demonstrations that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
- By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Architect a Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
- Prepare and deliver a successful Symantec Endpoint Installation
- Build a Disaster Recovery plan to ensure successful SEPM backups and restores
- Manage failover and replication
- Deploy endpoint clients
- Course environment
- Lab environment
Preparing and Delivering a Successful Symantec Endpoint Protection Implementation
- Architecting and Sizing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
- Installing the SEPM
- Benefiting from a SEPM Disaster Recovery Plan
- Managing Replication and Failover
Discovering Endpoint Client Implementation and Strategies
- Implementing the Best Method to Deploy Windows, Mac, and Linux Endpoints
- Migrating a SEP 12.1.6 client to SEP 14
You must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.