Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This is the first of a two part series of courses examining the data tools and features found in Microsoft Excel 2013 Professional and Pro Plus*.
The course is designed to examine a combination of new and revised features which are available to help you work with data in Microsoft Excel 2013. Features covered range from data importing to analysis leading to subsequent output in Excel. Analysis and outputs include data and graphical tools available in Microsoft Excel 2013.
Anyone who needs to work with Excel in order to connect to, process, analyse and display data in order to produce suitable output at all levels within an organisation.
It is assumed that the majority of attendees on the course have either migrated to Microsoft Excel 2013 from a previous version or whose role has changed requiring the use of data tools.
*Some of the tools and features are only available in Microsoft Excel 2013 and include add-ins. This course is not suitable for anyone using Microsoft Excel Standard, Home or Student Editions.
- Import data into Excel 2013
- Create connections to external data sources
- Use Workbook Analysis
- Utilise new Excel 2013 features to analyse data
- Present external and Excel based organisational data using a combination of graphical and data views
Lesson 1: Getting the data to your workbook
- Import or Connection
- Data from other Excel Sources
- Retrieving data from other applications
- Using web based data
Lesson 2: Preparing Data, Organising Data and Workbook Analysis
- Tabular Structures and Data Properties
- Creating and working with Data Models, Relationships, and Sets
- Workbook Analysis with Inquire
Lesson 3: Using Data Tables and Functions
- Use Data Table Functions and Slicers
- Analysis with Excel Functions
Lesson 4: Working with Sparklines, Charts and Trends
- Visualise Trends with Sparklines
- Using Charts and Trendlines
- Adding Error Bars
Lesson 5: PivotCharts
- Introduction to PivotTables Mod 5 portion - overview of concepts
- Create PivotCharts
- Shaping and Filtering the data using PivotCharts
Lesson 6: Power View
- Creating Power View Reports
- Using Tables, Cards and Matrices
- Charting in Power View Reports
- Mapping geo-data
- Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users
- An understanding of basic data concepts
- Ability to create, format and save worksheets and workbooks
- Be able to create formulas using standard aggregate function