Tailored sessions are available on key topics from this course. Please contact us for further details.
Workplace challenge: Bored of sending and receiving numerous emails, need to converse more seamlessly?
Office 365 solution: Use Outlook Online, Skype, Teams and Yammer to communicate more effectively.
This course is part of a series focussing on using Office 365 apps in the working environment. With communication as its main theme, this course demonstrates Outlook Online, Skype for Business, Teams and Yammer to show how they can be used to communicate with colleagues. Whilst each app can be used separately, they may be combined to form a powerful and easy to use set of communication tools.
Office 365 users who need an understanding of the capabilities of the apps to help decide and work with the right communication tools.
- Create and work with online email
- Use Calendars and People to communicate
- Set and manage profile information using Skype for Business
- Communicate using Skype Chat
- Host and work with Skype Meetings
- Create Microsoft Teams
- Use communication and collaboration tools in Teams
- Use Yammer to work with groups and discussions
Module 1: Outlook Online
- Topic A – Overview of Outlook Online
- Topic B – Working with Email
- Topic C – Using the Calendar
- Topic D – Shared Calendars
- Topic E – People
- Topic F – Tasks in Outlook Online
- Topic G – Setting Outlook Options – Signature, Rules, Automatic replies
Module 2: Skype For Business
- Topic A – Skype for Business Overview
- Topic B – Viewing and Setting Presence Information
- Topic C – Working with Contacts
- Topic D – Instant Messages with Skype for Business
- Topic E – Meetings, Presentations and Sharing
- Topic F – Integration with Microsoft Office
Module 3: Microsoft Teams
- Topic A – Teams introduced and described
- Topic B – Creating and joining Teams
- Topic C – Working with Files in Teams
- Topic D – Meetings
- Topic E – Chat
- Topic F – People and Channels
Module 4: Yammer
- Topic A – Introduction to Yammer and Getting Started
- Topic B – View and update your Profile
- Topic C – Discussions and Groups
- Topic D – Collaborate and Share
Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Outlook.