“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
George Bernard Shaw
The ability to communicate effectively is a key skill; communication and social interaction are fundamental to business success. This event is designed to develop your capability in delivering positive and persuasive communications in both the written and spoken form.
People often ask us:
- I struggle to get the response I want, is it the way I communicate my message?
- Why can’t I always pick up on what others are trying to say?
- How do I enhance my communication skills so that my colleagues and managers value my input to discussions?
- Can I learn to adapt my communication style to best suit the situation and get better results?
This Performance Based Learning Course requires effective communication throughout. We will work to enhance your skills - improve communication, improve relationships, improve results!
The course includes about 4-6 hours of online learning, followed by a two day practice-based workshop.
This course is for all levels and is ideal for anyone who wishes to enhance their communications skills.
the Performance Based Learning
Our Performance Based Learning model uses a blend of learning mediums to ensure the outcomes you are looking for, while minimising learner time away from the business.
Before attending the workshop, learners’ access bite-size video and online based assets, so that they can study the theories and principles in their own time, and be fully prepared.
They then attend our practical, interactive and collaborative classroom session where they can practice and plan real world application in a safe performance-based environment.
- Make the right impression first time
- Demonstrate active listening
- Use advanced questioning techniques
- Modify your body language to support your message
- Apply the positive power of words
- Use your communication skills to build rapport
- Identify good practice in digital communication
- Demonstrate practical communications skills for organisational success
- Personal impact and first impressions
- Overcoming barriers to communication
- Communication styles
- Body language
- The power of words
- Effective questioning
- Active listening
- Building rapport
- Digital communication
- Phone and conference calls
- Bringing it all together
- Preparing to perform
Before you attend your workshop, you’ll be asked to complete some online learning which covers key ideas and models for developing your communication skills. This can take up to 6 hours, which you can complete in bite-size chunks in advance of the workshop.
The online learning will also ask you to have a one-to-one with your line manager before attending the workshop to help you focus on the learning you need to gain from the programme.