When companies hire for leadership roles they look for people with qualities that will allow them to successfully interact with colleagues, clients, and others in the workplace and beyond. People in leadership roles are required to put people first. They need leaders who have a high degree of emotional intelligence, patience, and a working knowledge of human resources, in order to keep both the employee and the company taken care of. They also need leaders who can think and act strategically, be representative of best practice, both for themselves and their teams, whilst working with integrity all the while working in a volatile, globalised and hyperconnected world.
It is highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, validated tools of self-assessment, case studies and group work to enable you to explore who you are as a leader whilst as the same time giving you practical skills to ensure, when working at this strategic level, your brand and reputation remains intact. This programme promotes reflective review, and encourages you to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace.
Programme duration approx. 24 months, consisting of pre course work, 25 days’ classroom training, and completion of three assignments. Attending all the programme is mandatory to attain the relevant number of hours of study for this qualification.
If you have attended the CMI Level 5 Award and CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management, you will be exempt from the first four workshops and assignments plus the final workshop and assignment from the CMI Level 5 Diploma, Using reflective practice.
- Understand the value of reflective practice to inform personal and professional development
- Understand approaches to developing, managing and leading teams
- Understand approaches to achieving a balance of skills and experience in teams
- Know techniques for leading individuals and teams to achieve success
- Understanding operations management approaches and models
- Understanding business planning
- Managing resources and change
- Understanding project management
- Managing budgets and forecasting
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and clients both internal and external
- Improving working in geographically dispersed and virtualised teams
- Improving decision making and problem solving
- Improve planning, organisation and prioritisation
This programme will be suitable for your if you’re a middle manager managers of managers wishing to develop your leadership skills whilst seeking an industry recognised qualification, or an experienced first line managers about to make the transition into middle management.
This programme is based on the National Occupational Standards NOS which has been developed to cover all Management & Leadership-related job functions. The NOS cover the functions at a number of levels of responsibility and complexity. They are relevant to anyone who has a management or leadership role, or who undertakes management and leadership functions as part of their work.