If you're striving to reduce IT costs, increase efficiency and enable mobile working, virtualising with VMware is a popular choice. Understanding the sometimes-complex licensing surrounding VMware products can be difficult. Our VMware-certified experts can help you analyse and suggest the most suitable licensing options. We'll help you get the correct and most cost-effective licensing solution for your business.
To get the most from your VMware investment, we can also give expert advice on the entire range of VMware support contract options. We'll work with you to find the most suitable plan for your specific needs.
Your Guide to VMware Licensing
VMware offers three key types of licensing structures for businesses and organisations, Volume Pricing Program (VPP) and Enterprise License Agreements (ELA).
Volume Pricing Program (VPP)
The accumulative VMware Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) provides incremental, tier-based discounts for VMware customers over a rolling two-year period.
- Receive discounts when you purchase eligible VMware products in volume.
- Easily budget for licensing - the discounts are guaranteed for up to two years.
- Simple licensing acquisition through a standardised purchasing programme.
Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP)
EPP is designed for mid-sized organisations. It offers both better discounts and greater flexibility, without the complexity and scale of Enterprise License Agreements (ELA).
- EPP grants access to future upgrades, giving you access to the latest VMware products.
- Flexibility to mix and match VMware products, manage licenses and adjust license deployment strategy based on your changing business needs.
Enterprise License Agreements (ELA)
ELA is designed specifically for large or global organisations, offering financial and operational benefits over VPP and EPP.
- Obtain VMware product licenses over a fixed period with fixed costs and renewal fees over the lifecycle.
- Discounted licenses, support and training throughout the term of the ELA.
Why Choose Nexus for your VMware Licensing?
We're a longstanding VMware enterprise partner, achieving Server, Desktop Virtualisation and Business Continuity partner status. Our licensing experts have helped implement VMware licensing solutions for corporate, enterprise, SME, public sector government and public sector academic sectors.