Swallowfield Plc - ICT Technical Support and VoIP Telephone System
- Industry Sector:
- General Industry
- Contact Name:
- Spencer Golding
- Job Title:
- IT Manager
Nexus and Swallowfield have a long standing business relationship, so when Swallowfield needed to upgrade their telephone systems Nexus were approached for a solution.
Swallowfield is a full service provider for global brands and retailers operating in the cosmetics, personal care and household goods market. The company began in 1876 as Walter Gregory and Co who, in the 1950's, filled the first commercial aerosols.
Nexus collaborate closely with the IT team at Swallowfield to help deliver innovative technology solutions to meet the company's objectives. From high level technical consultancy and project management to the supply of branded and purpose built PCs and servers, our on-site technical services and helpdesk provides Swallowfield's IT Team with a single point of contact and support for all IT related matters.
- Long term trusted relationship
- Business systems technical consultancy
- Supply and installation of client/server infrastructure
- Bespoke application development
- Systems management and support services
- Remote network monitoring
- Assisted installation and testing
- Facilities management and preventative maintenance
Nexus assisted Swallowfield with the installation and deployment of a new Avaya IP Office telephone system. The Avaya IP Office 406 system was already installed at their Bideford office and Swallowfield have now added a new IP Office 500 at the main Wellington site.
As well as deploying and configuring the system, Nexus also provided initial consultancy to ensure that maximum cost efficiencies were gained from the multi-site deployment. Call costs between sites have been eliminated by adopting VoIP (voice over IP) and the phone system can be fully managed from a single site.
Both sites utilise the following features:
- Phone Manager Pro (Feature rich PC-based phone control application)
- Softconsole (PC-based phone operator console)
- Hunt groups
- Auto Attendant (out of hours)
Nexus also configured the new phone system to enable video conferencing between the company's overseas offices.