Major Office Relocation
During early 2012 the Diocese of Plymouth wanted to relocate four offices to one large purpose-built office campus.
The Diocese of Plymouth serves the West Country and consists of the counties of Cornwall (with the Isles of Scilly), Devon and Dorset (west of the original county boundary, thus including two parishes in Bournemouth).
Nexus have worked with the Diocese of Plymouth for many years but recently the organisation decided to move four of its administrative offices to one larger, purpose built office complex. Following several planning meetings to discuss the IT and communication logistics and integration issues, Nexus engineers supplied the Diocese with a detailed project plan that outlined the goals, risks, new equipment and services, time scales and milestones for this major IT systems relocation project.
Highlights of the project include:
- A successful live transfer of IT and communication systems for 35 users and 240 network nodes from 4 offices into one over a planned one week period
- Relocation of existing server infrastructure to new purpose built server room specified by Nexus
- Supply of high speed internet connections for new campus using ADSL2
- Installation of 240 new voice and data network points across the campus
- New campus wide Wi-Fi using HP equipment
- Installation and configuration of Avaya network switches
- Installation and configuration of Avaya phone system
- Supply and installation of new boardroom audio visual solutions using LCDs and projector technology
- Supply and installation of new printers, PCs and laptops