£35,000+ per annum,
We require a commercially experienced 3rd line deployment engineer/consultant to meet the demand of our existing customer base and to support the delivery of new business opportunities.
As an experienced and qualified individual, you must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and form part of a dynamic IT systems integration and support team, supplying industry-standard technology solutions to organisations of all sizes.
You will be required to support our existing engineers in managing our clients' long term IT strategies and be required to provide technical guidance and services in all aspects of commercial business systems integration. A good understanding of core server infrastructure implementation and associated migration is essential; other work will involve both remote and on-site fault diagnosis as part of our ongoing support commitments.
What do you need?
You need to be interested in:
- Assisting the delivery of the customer service team charter for the function in order to support delivery of the company vision and mission.
- Participating and contributing to the strategic direction of the technical function to meet the demands of the market and our customers ongoing.
- Specifying, designing and deploying a range of technology solutions.
- Using a project management methodology to simultaneously lead and manage a range of assignments.
- Accompanying our sales consultants/account managers to external customer appointments in order to assist with securing new business opportunities.
- Reviewing and measuring ongoing work assignments taking appropriate action as required to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities.
- Promoting standardisation and consistency of the necessary internal documentation and communication.
- Building and maintaining supportive working relationships within your function, cross functionally and with third party suppliers as required.
- Promoting a consistent approach to the customer service experience and people capability across the function by sharing technical knowledge and expertise across the function.
- Attending department meetings where you will have the opportunity to discuss work in progress, offer insights and discuss issues for resolutions.
- Providing accurate time-recording and detailed supporting information for all work you carry out, using the systems provided.
- Supporting the desired culture of continuous improvement (business and people) and knowledge management.
our shopping list of what we'd like to see from you.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will possess:
- Experience in the specification, design and deployment of a range of core products.
- The ability to make sound decisions on short and longer term priorities.
- The ability to match the specific benefits of our ideas and services to viable solutions for our customers.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate sound communication skills using a variety of platforms.
skills Essential for success in this role
- Microsoft Windows Server deployment, migration & configuration
- Microsoft Active Directory deployment, migration & configuration experience
- Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware hypervisor deployment, migration & configuration experience
- iSCSI SAN technologies deployment, migration & configuration experience
- Server hardware installation, configuration & support
- LAN, WAN or WLAN deployment, migration and support
- Good understanding of networking protocols
skills which would be great to have
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in vSphere
- Microsoft Cloud platforms such as Office 365 or Azure
- Microsoft Exchange deployment, migration & configuration experience
- Microsoft Lync deployment, migration & configuration experience
- Microsoft System Center 2007/2012 deployment, migration & configuration experience
- Citrix deployment, migration & configuration experience
- SSL certificate deployment and configuration
- Dell, HP, IBM and other major IT vendor accreditation
How will we know things are going great?
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
These will form part of your annual objectives and will include:
- Customer Feedback
- Project delivery to plan
- Capability movement via accreditation and technical learning and development
- Knowledge Management – quality of data – accurate real time reporting – client communications
What does working at Nexus mean?
We support our customers when they need it so we ensure we have people in the office from 8am to 6pm during the working week (Mon-Fri). We work a rota to ensure there’s sufficient people in to cover this but try to be as flexible as possible, if someone wants to consistently work the 8am shift and it fits with everyone then that’s what we’ll do.
There’s an hour for lunch but again, we can be flexible to some extent. What’s important is that we offer an excellent support service to our customers. If you only want ½ an hour and we can work it into the rota then we will.
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to Nexus Open Systems.
- Work together with all your key stakeholders: line and functional. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on input from these stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the desired culture of continuous improvement (business and people).
In return, we will offer you;
- Full time role with a competitive salary
- Numerous opportunities to learn in a fast moving, forward thinking IT solution provider environment
- Mileage Allowance – currently 45p per mile (for Business use of own vehicle)
- Starting at 23 days Holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 28 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- We even insist that you take your Birthday off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance)
- Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Nexus Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Occasional Pizza bought by the boss and unlimited tea and coffee (and you won’t have to make it every time)
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com