What will I be doing as a Sales Administrator?
You will be providing administrative support within the sales team, ensuring the lifecycle of a sales order from initial quotation to invoicing and payment is efficiently and accurately completed.
Sales administrators at Nexus talk to our clients and partners on behalf of our sales and new business team. You will be dealing with people over the phone, by email and via instant messenger.
Day to Day
We need you to:
- Accurately manage our records including:
- Quote, client order, supplier order and invoice processing for our clients and sales teams.
- Registering and maintaining vendor deal registrations to ensure Nexus have an improved likelihood of winning client deals.
- Obtaining and communicating pricing, availability and delivery information for products and services; sometimes with tight deadlines.
- Recording and registering warranties and licensing.
- Deal with purchasing, stock control and deliveries.
- Work with defined processes but also identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions to implement and improve efficiencies.
- Work closely with finance and technical departments to resolve queries, progress updates on orders or quotes and provide additional help and assistance.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings when requested (we hold these meetings on Microsoft Teams and in person).
- Carry out all client activities with commercial awareness and due diligence.
- Assist with administrative and operational activities including answering, screening and forwarding phone calls from other departments when we experience high call volumes.
- Become aware of the importance of Information Security policies and processes applicable to our organisation and our ISO27001 certification (we’ll train you on our policies and procedures but you’ll need to consider the guidelines in your day to day working).
Apply for this Role
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Plus sales support commission
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, technology-driven administrator to join our dynamic team.
We are hybrid working, offering flexibility to work from home and in our Exeter office. You will need to come to the office for part of your working week.
Working Hours: Full-Time
37.5 hours per week.
Who Will I be Working For?
We’re Nexus Open Systems, one of the South West’s leading IT solutions & managed services companies. Operating throughout the UK, we provide industry-leading services and solutions to over 1,600 clients.
IT is an ever-changing, fast-moving industry. Here at Nexus, we’re at the forefront as a Microsoft Gold Partner, in the top 1% of Microsoft partners worldwide.
Essential Skills required for our Sales Administrator
To succeed in the sales administrator role, it is expected that you:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and written, using a variety of communication systems.
- Will be capable of developing a knowledge of technical specifications, solutions, options and will keep up to date and informed on new products and services.
- Have a keen interest in technology and a motivation to continuously improve your comprehension of the products and services which we offer our clients.
- Can effectively manage ongoing client and supplier relationships with a high level of professionalism.
- Can learn quickly, have a methodical and logical approach to repetitive tasks and be able to recall past knowledge of a similar quote or order to apply the same or better to a current requirement so that you become more efficient at processing quotes, orders, invoices and thus ensuring we continuously improve our service.
- Have excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills when faced with multiple requirements and identical deadlines.
- Are IT proficient, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Have experience of CRM business systems and understand why accuracy in record keeping is vital.
- Have previous administration experience in a transactional environment (quoting, sales invoicing, purchase ordering, works management).
- Have a smart and professional appearance.
- Can use initiative with a proactive approach to your work.
- Have a positive and friendly attitude and work well in a team.
- An understanding of software licencing and subscription models, hardware warranties, SSL and domain renewals.
Why work for us?
We pride ourselves in being welcoming and promoting a healthy work-life balance. As well as personalised Learning and Development schemes, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule – we need to support our clients and sales team but recognise that you may have time constraints around your availability. We can discuss this to see how we can accommodate each other’s requirements.
- Hybrid working – you can work from our office, your home or a shared workspace, so long as you can maintain a professional service to our clients and sales team. There is a requirement to be in the office to do your share of handling deliveries and attend team meetings and we can discuss the frequency of this.
- Salary up to £22,000 pa with shared sales support commission on completion of probationary period.
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) which increases with length of service.
- Birthday day off – in addition to your holiday entitlement.
- Childcare vouchers with salary sacrifice available.
- Cycle to work scheme with salary sacrifice available.
- Active social and charitable fundraising activities.
- Free Office 365 subscription and domain name
- Modern offices with parking, break-out areas, pool table, bar football and retro gaming area.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive company who want to provide colleagues with the best possible experience.