Apply for this Role
What does an IT Support Technician role involve?
An IT Support Technician at Nexus, is part of our team who provide triage functions, take ownership of incidents and resolve issues within contracted SLA.
You will be the first point of contact for clients contacting the Service Desk.
Your day-to-day role will comprise of providing remote and on-site support, representing us in a professional and helpful capacity.
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 per annum
Our team of experts needs to expand so we are seeking additional IT Support Technicians who have spent time working as part of an IT team and want opportunities to expand their knowledge and expertise.
Do you want to be working with like-minded people focused on providing dependable support to clients? Our service delivery team is friendly and has a great work ethic, with opportunities to progress.
All our IT Technicians are given the chance to learn and develop. You will be able to gain Microsoft and other industry certifications.
Internally we call this role Service Delivery Analyst. Other companies may call this role Technical Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, IT Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, IT Support Engineer.
We are hybrid working, offering flexibility to work from home and in our Exeter office. You’re likely to be in the office 2 days a week.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We support our clients when they need it, so we ensure we are available from 8am to 6pm during the working week (Mon-Fri). We work a rota to ensure there’s sufficient people to cover this but try to be as flexible as possible to suit the needs of both the business and family life.
Who Will I be Working For?
We’re Nexus Open Systems, a Microsoft Gold Partner and one of the South West’s leading IT solutions & managed services companies.
We boast some of the most experienced engineers in the South West, who will be mentoring you.
What do I need to succeed as an IT Support Technician?
Primarily, you will need to be able to demonstrate you have been working in IT support.
Our culture is to be supportive and dependable to our clients and colleagues.
- Be able to talk to people, understand their support needs and able to explain instructions.
- Have at least 2-years experience working on an IT support/service desk and be used to application support.
- Have at least 2-years experience supporting on-premise and 365 environments.
- Have demonstratable experience of setting up and managing Group Policies.
- Be confident with administering Active Directory.
- Have demonstratable experience of using Windows Server environments.
- Have demonstratable experience of supporting Windows 10.
- Have a proven track record of learning quickly.
- Be a well-organised, hardworking, pro-active team player.
- Be results-driven, taking pride in achieving objectives.
- Be able to build relationships and rapport with customers.
- Understand customers’ needs and requirements through effective questioning.
- Be confident and competent when remotely supporting customers.
- Be able to identify areas of improvement and constructively highlight to the relevant persons.
- Be able to record and document your time and any actions taken.
If you have familiarity with server management tools, backups, DNS and networking it will be an advantage.
Whilst practical experience is key, we also seek certification to evidence the ability and motivation to learn and deliver excellent IT support. By the end of your probationary period, we would like you to attain certifications in line with your training plan.
Why work for us?
We pride ourselves in being welcoming, dynamic and promoting a healthy work-life balance. As well as personalised Learning and Development schemes, we offer:
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Instant reward and recognition scheme; earn gift cards for popular retailers
- Regular social and fundraising events
- Free Office 365 subscription and domain name
- Pool table, bar football and retro gaming areas in the office
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced pension scheme.