Business Development Representative
Are you an ambitious, self-motivated B2B sales or business development professional? Are you looking to develop with a forward-thinking company? Maybe you are excited and interested in technology, but not sure how to get into technology sales? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
We’re Nexus Open Systems, one of the South West's leading IT solutions & managed services companies. We operate throughout the UK, providing industry-leading services and solutions to over 1,600 customers spanning multiple sectors including education, enterprise, SMEs and local and central government.
IT is an ever-changing, fast-moving industry. Here at Nexus, we’re at the forefront as a Microsoft Gold Partner, in the top 1% of Microsoft partners worldwide. We have some of the most experienced engineers in the South West, and choose to work with industry-leading technology & best-in-class partners.
We have ambitious growth plans and are now looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team in Exeter, with the aim of progressing into an IT consultant role within 18-24 months.
What are the benefits?
- Salary up to £25,000 DOE, OTE £35,000
- Group pension plan
- Learning and development schemes
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 28 days' holiday + your birthday off in addition
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular social events
- Office 365 subscription paid for by us
- The latest tech for work
This is a fantastic opportunity to break into the IT industry, joining a welcoming, dynamic company offering a great culture and the chance to build a successful career.
What will I be doing?
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for nurturing new relationships with businesses throughout the South West, as well as growing existing ones. You’ll be focused on new business activity and will be responsible for generating your own leads and appointments. You'll also follow up on inbound enquires and our marketing campaigns.
Your daily duties will include:
- Using a variety of communication methods to develop a new business pipeline such as cold calling, email campaigns, social media and networking.
- Targeting new business opportunities within a variety of markets – supporting IT consultants in planning, delivering and following up on direct marketing activities in key regions.
- Supporting our marketing efforts that promote business activity, and attend new business events
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with existing clients, helping to maintain a list of priority clients and supporting the IT consultants in developing these relationships.
- Collaborating with all necessary departments to ensure the best advice is given to our customers.
What do I need?
To join us as a Business Development Executive you will need:
- Previous sales or business development experience, gained within a business-to-business environment
- A consultative approach to selling
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with good proof-reading and editing skills
- GCSE maths & English grade C or equivalent
- A background in IT would be an advantage, but this isn’t essential.
Other companies may call this role Sales Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Sales Development Executive, Telesales Executive, Telesales, Sales, or Business Development.
For advertising purposes this role has been called Business Development Representative, however, internally this role is called Internal Sales Executive.
So, if you’re an ambitious sales/business development professional looking to make your next step, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week