Business Development Executive
Location: We are hybrid working, offering flexibility to work from home and in our Exeter office. You’re likely to be in the office 1 day a week.
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus commission
Are you an ambitious, self-motivated B2B sales or business development professional? Are you looking to develop with a forward-thinking company? Maybe you are excited and interested in technology, but not sure how to get into technology sales? If so, read on.
Who Will I be Working For?
We’re Nexus Open Systems, one of the South West’s leading IT solutions & managed services companies. We operate throughout the UK, providing industry-leading services and solutions to over 1,600 customers spanning multiple sectors including education, enterprise, SMEs and local and central government.
IT is an ever-changing, fast-moving industry. Here at Nexus, we’re at the forefront as a Microsoft Gold Partner, in the top 1% of Microsoft partners worldwide. We have some of the most experienced engineers in the South West, and choose to work with industry-leading technology & best-in-class partners.
We have ambitious growth plans and are now looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team in Exeter, with the aim of progressing into a Business Development Manager role within 18-24 months.
What are the Benefits?
We pride ourselves in being welcoming and promoting a healthy work-life balance. As well as personalised Learning and Development schemes, we offer:
- Salary up to £25,000 DOE, plus commission
- Road map to grow into a Business Development Manager in 24 months, earning £50,000 – £100,000
- Enhanced pension scheme
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Regular social and fundraising events
- Free Office 365 subscription and domain name
- Pool, table football and retro gaming areas in the office
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- The latest tech for work
This is a fantastic opportunity to break into the IT industry, joining a dynamic company offering a great culture and the chance to build a successful career.
What will I be doing?
As a Business Development Executive, you’ll be responsible for nurturing new relationships with businesses throughout the South West. You’ll be focused on new business activity and will be responsible for generating your own leads and appointments. You’ll also follow up on inbound enquires and our marketing campaigns.
Working within an established team of sales professionals, you’ll be given time to learn and understand IT sales, whilst being mentored on a daily basis. You’ll be able to lean on the team until you feel ready to run the show, at which point your earning potential will also increase.
Your daily duties once established will include:
- Using a variety of communication methods to develop a new business pipeline such as cold calling, email campaigns, social media and networking.
- Targeting new business opportunities within a variety of markets – supporting IT consultants in planning, delivering and following up on direct marketing activities in key regions.
- Supporting our marketing efforts that promote business activity, and attend new business events
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with existing clients, helping to maintain a list of priority clients and supporting the IT consultants in developing these relationships.
- Collaborating with all necessary departments to ensure the best advice is given to our customers.
What do I need?
To join us as a Business Development Executive you will need:
- Previous sales or business development experience, gained within a business-to-business environment
- Experience of the full sales cycle, from initial contact through to close
- A consultative approach to selling
- Evidence of being able to undertake self-directed learning
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with good proof-reading and editing skills
- GCSE maths & English grade C or equivalent
Other companies may call this role Business Development Representative, Sales Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Sales Development Executive, Telesales Executive, Telesales, Sales, or Business Development.
So, if you’re an ambitious sales/business development professional looking to make your next step,
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com and don’t forget to include a covering letter.