Location: flexible home-working or office-based options available
Salary: starting at £39,000 per annum DOE
Working hours: 37.5 per week
Are you a great technical engineer who can listen to client requirements and turn it into the best solution for their needs? Can you deliver what you promise? Work as part of a team and under your own steam? Have current certification to evidence your skills (or think you can pass the exams if you took the test now), then what are you waiting for?
We’ve got a vacancy right now to add to our team of technical consultants at Nexus, you’ll be working on Microsoft technologies (O365, Windows Server, Azure) providing solutions to customers throughout the South West. If you’ve got complementary skills and experience, such as VMware, Veeam, Powershell, networking then that’s even better.
We offer the full lifecycle of a project. From working with our successful account managers and their clients on agreeing the best solution for the requirement, to delivery and on-going support; along with 20+ other technical engineers.
Home working / office working to suit, service reward scheme, family friendly benefits and all the other standard bits (pay, pension, holidays, staff discounts, strong community focus, excellent training and career options).
As a 3rd Line Technical Consultant your daily duties include:
- Specify, design and deploy a range of technology solutions.
- Assisting in pre-sales work, providing technical expertise and strategic direction when needed to supply a customer with a solution.
- Use a project management methodology to simultaneously lead and manage a range of assignments.
- Collaborating with others in the delivery of webinars and other marketing communications.
What skills do I need as a 3rd Line Technical Consultant?
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be skilled in:
- O365 Migrations
- Microsoft SharePoint and Teams implementation and adoption
- Microsoft Windows Server deployment, migration & configuration
- Microsoft Active Directory deployment, migration & configuration
- Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware hypervisor deployment, migration & configuration
- iSCSI SAN technologies deployment, migration & configuration
- Server hardware installation, configuration & support
- LAN, WAN or WLAN deployment, migration and support
- Good understanding of networking protocols
We’re looking for Microsoft Certified engineers particularly in O365, Windows Server, Exchange, Teams, Networking or Azure; or equivalent with demonstrable experience and a desire to get certified.
We can fill gaps with a fully funded training program.
You will require a full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle with business insurance for this role.
What are the Benefits?
- Salary starting at £39,000 per annum
- 31 days' holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off in addition
- Learning and development schemes
- Office 365 subscription paid for by us
- Home/office working to suit work and personal requirements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular social events
- Family friendly flexibility
- Service excellence rewards
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming, dynamic company offering a great culture and the chance for further career advancement.
Other companies may call this role Technical consultant, Pre-sales Technical Consultant, Project Delivery Engineer, Systems Implementation Engineer, Technical Architect, 3rd Line IT Engineer, Infrastructure Consultant, Cloud Consultant
For more information, to arrange an informal chat or to apply for this job, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com